ETL Testing Training in Bangalore
In data warehousing, ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) testing is to perform verification and validation on each and every phase of the ETL lifecycle. Some of the popular ETL testing techniques are product validation testing, source-to-target count testing, data testing, data integration testing, data transformation testing, migration testing, duplicate data check testing, data quality testing and regression testing.
My friend and myself did this course in Global Training Bangalore (TIB Academy). Previously, we both worked as manual tester for almost 3 years. We were not getting any exciting opportunity in that field. So we planned to do some trending course. Even though, our course was fast track, our ETL trainer covered all the topics clearly and we understood everything clearly. Now, we are done with two interviews and hopefully waiting for positive responses.
Tell me more about ETL Training!
- Requirement and analysis, data acquisition, business logic implementation, data mart building and report building are the five sequential steps of data warehouse management.
- Informatica – Power Center, SAP BO Data Services (BODS), Microsoft – SSIS, Oracle Data Integrator ODI, Clover ETL and Talend Open Studio are some of the popular ETL testing areas.
- TIB Academy is the best ETL testing training center in Bangalore where you will be exposed to differentiated learning environment as the course syllabus has been prepared by the highly experienced professionals. With this course, you can learn about ETL process, data warehousing & BI concepts, OLAP and OLTP, data marts, dimensional modelling, tables and lot more. Please check below for the detailed syllabus.
Are there any prerequisites for ETL Testing?
- Basic knowledge on software testing and SQL.
- If you are already familiar with the above, this course will be quite easy for you to grasp the concepts. Otherwise, experts are here to help you with the data warehousing training and ETL testing training from the basics.
Can you help me about ETL Testing Job Opportunities?
- ETL testing is suitable for experienced people, who have key skills on software testing and data warehousing. In the current IT market, there are plenty of ETL testing opportunities for the experienced professionals who are aware of the above technologies.
- If you possess strong ETL experience with practical knowledge on informatica and datastage, you can get job as ETL test engineer.
- If you possess ETL as a co-skill with business intelligence and SQL, you can get job as ETL developer.
- If you possess ETL as a co-skill along with project management, agile and SDLC, you can get job as technical project manager.
- If you possess ETL as a co-skill along with MSBI, SQL and NoSQL, you can get job as Data warehousing specialist.
- Some of the companies that hire for ETL testers are Accenture, CGI, Oracle, Capgemini, IBM, AllState, Mindtree, QualComm, Tech Mahindra, Sutherland, Oracle and JP Morgan.
Compared to other training institutes, Global Training Bangalore is one of the best ETL testing training institutes in Bangalore where you can acquire the best ETL testing training and placement guidance.
What is special about the ETL Testing training in Global Training Bangalore?
- Global Training Bangalore is the only institute providing the best ETL testing training in Bangalore. They have top experienced industrial professionals as their trainers; they are working in top rated MNCs and Corporates with years of real time experience. So they will surely boost you to become the best software tester.
- As their trainers are all currently working, the ETL testing training program will be usually scheduled during weekdays early mornings between 7AM to 10AM, weekdays late evenings between 7PM to 9:30PM and flexible timings in weekends. They provide ETL testing classroom training, ETL testing online training and ETL testing weekend training based upon the student’s time convenience. This training will make you to feel like obtaining the best ETL testing course and placement support in Bangalore with moderate ETL testing course fees.
- The practical sessions throughout the course will help you to enhance your technical skills and confidence. Their connections to the job world will surely help you achieve your dream job. So start putting your sincere efforts into practice and grab the wonderful opportunities.
What are the ETL Testing Class timings and course duration?
|Day||ETL Testing Classroom Training Timing||ETL Testing Online Training Timing|
|Mon – Fri||
7AM to 10AM
7PM to 9.30PM
7AM to 10AM
7PM to 9.30PM
Please contact us soon to book your preferable time slot.
Global Training Bangalore provides the best job based ETL training. Their ETL training makes you feel working in live project. They provide latest software testing job updation. Their trainers are very much proficient in ETL. They provide individual attention to the students. They provide placement assistance. They provide comfort class timings to the students.
ETL Testing Course Duration
Regular Classes (Morning, Day time & Evening)
Duration: 25 – 30 hrs.
Weekend Training Classes (Saturday, Sunday & Holidays)
Duration: 4 weeks
Fast Track Training Program (5+ hours daily)
Duration: within 15 days.
Call to Global Training Bangalore (TIB Academy)
ETL Testing Training in Bangalore Syllabus
1. DWH: Data Ware Housing Concepts
- What is Data Warehouse?
- Need of Data Warehouse
- Introduction to OLTP, ETL and OLAP Systems
- Difference between OLTP and OLAP
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- Data Marts
- ODS [Operational Data Store]
- Dimensional Modelling
- Difference between relation and dimensional modelling
- Star Schema and Snowflake Schema
- What is fact table
- What is Dimension table
- Normalization and De-Normalization
2. ETL Testing
- ETL architecture.
- What is ETL and importance of ETL testing
- How DWH ETL Testing is different from the Application Testing
- SDLC/STLC in the ETL Projects (ex: V Model, Water fall model)
- Challenges in DWH ETL Testing compare to other testing
- Incompatible and duplicate data.
- Loss of data during ETL process.
- Testers have no privileges to execute ETL jobs by their own.
- Volume and complexity of data is very huge.
- Fault in business process and procedures.
- Trouble acquiring and building test data.
- ETL Testing Work flow activities involved
- Analyze and interpret business requirements/ workflows to Create estimations
- Approve requirements and prepare the Test plan for the system testing
- Prepare the test cases with the help of design documents provided by the developer team
- Execute system testing and integration testing.
- Best practices to Create quality documentations (Test plans, Test Scripts and Test closure summaries)
- How to detect the bugs in the ETL testing
- How to report the bugs in the ETL testing
- How to co-ordinate with developer team for resolving the defects
- Types of ETL Testing
- Data completeness
- Data transformation
- Data quality
- Performance and scalability
- Integration testing
- User-acceptance testing
- SQL Queries for ETL Testing
- Incremental load testing
- Initial Load / Full load testing
- Different ETL tools available in the market
- Ab Initio
- IBM Data stage
- Power Center Components
- Repository Manager
- Workflow Manager
- Workflow Monitor
- Power Center Admin Console
- Informatica Concepts and Overview
- Informatica Architecture.
3. Working with relational Sources
- Working with Flat Files
- Working with Relational Targets
- Working with Flat file Targets
- Transformations – Active and Passive Transformations
- Lookup –Different types of lookup Caches
- Sequence Generator
- Source Qualifer
- Update Strategy
- Stored Procedure
- Slowly Changing Dimension
- SCD Type1
- SCD Type2 — Date, Flag and Version
- SCD Type3
- Workflow Manger
- Creating Reusable tasks
- Workflows, Worklets & Sessions
- Decision task
- Control Task
- Event wait task
- Timer task
- Monitoring workflows and debugging errors
- Indirect Loading
- Constraint based load ordering
- Target Load plan
- Worklet ,Mapplet ,Resuable transformation
- Migration ?ML migration and Folder Copy
- Scheduling Workflow
- Parameter and variables
- XML Source, Target and Transformations
- Performance Tuning
- Pipeline Partition
- Dynamic Partition
- Pushdown optimization
- Preparation of Test Cases
- Executing Test case
- Preparing Sample data
- Data validation in Source and target
- Load and performance testing
- Unit testing Procedures
- Error handling procedures