Performance Tuning Training in Bangalore
Performance tuning is a mandatory key factor for a database to attain high performance, rapid response and to meet end user’s expectations. Performance tuning can be achieved by tuning applications, server configurations, web server settings, databases.
Performance Tuning Training Student Review
I’m a Computer Engineer having experience as an Oracle PL SQL developer for the last 4 years. I already knew some parts of performance tuning. So I wanted to learn database performance tuning completely to become an efficient database specialist. My trainer was a DBA / Performance tuning expert. He helped me enhance my technical expertise. I learnt the techniques thoroughly and am able to apply the indexing, constraints and other techniques efficiently in my organisation.
More about Performance Tuning
- System behaviour monitoring, query optimization, reducing resource consumption time, identifying and eliminating bottlenecks are some of the highlighting strategies to improve the database performance.
- Global Training Bangalore is the best Oracle performance tuning training center in Bangalore where you will be exposed to differentiated learning environment as the course syllabus has been prepared by the highly experienced professionals. With this course, you can learn about root causes for performance issues in applications, contributing components and tools to eradicate the issues, AMR (Automatic Memory Repository), AMM (Automatic Memory Management), SQL performance analyzer, optimizer and lot more. Please check below for a detailed syllabus.
Prerequisites for Oracle performance tuning
- Basic knowledge as database developer.
- If you are already familiar with the above, this course will be quite easy for you to grasp the concepts. Otherwise, experts are here to help you with Oracle SQL and PL/SQL training from the basics and then they will gradually move to the Performance tuning.
Oracle performance tuning Job Openings in Bangalore
- Oracle performance tuning is especially suitable for the experienced people who are aware of database development or database administration.
- If you already have work experience on the above, then this course can be an add-on to your profile. It will make you confident in your performance tuning skills and help you find performance tuning job opportunities easily.
- If you can apply Performance Tuning in MySQL DB as a co-skill along with DBA skills, you can get job as MySQL DBA.
- If you possess Performance tuning as a co-skill with Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, SQL server, you can get job as Senior Software engineer.
- If you possess at least 5 years experience, have Performance tuning as a co-skill along with SSIS – ETL, you can get job as ETL Tech Lead.
- If you possess Performance tuning as a co-skill along with Monitoring, NoSQL, BI, you can get job as MongoDB developer.
- Some of the companies that hire for Performance tuning engineers are Hexaware, JP Morgan, Accenture, Societe Generale, L&T, Oracle, IBM.
Compared to other training institutes, Global Training Bangalore is one of the best Oracle performance tuning training institutes in Bangalore where you can acquire the best Oracle training and placement guidance.
What is special about the Oracle performance tuning in Global Training Bangalore?
- Global Training Bangalore is one of the best Teradata training Institutes in Bangalore. They have knowledgeable and experienced industrial professionals as their trainers; they are working in leading MNCs and corporates with years of real time experience. So they can add relevant insights from the industry and help you to become the best Teradata developer.
- As the trainers are all currently working, the Teradata training program will be usually scheduled during weekdays early mornings between 7AM to 10AM, weekdays late evenings between 7PM to 9.30PM and flexible timings in weekends. They provide Teradata classroom training, Teradata online training and Teradata weekend training based upon the student’s convenience. This training will give access to the best Teradata training and placement support with moderate Teradata course cost in Bangalore.
- The practical sessions throughout the course will help you to enhance your technical skills and confidence. Their links to the job world will surely help you achieve your dream job. So start putting your sincere efforts into practice and grab the wonderful opportunities.
Performance Tuning Course Timing & Duration
Performance Tuning Classroom Training Timing
Mon – Fri : 7 AM to 10 AM & 7 PM to 9.30 PM
Sat & Sun : Flexible Timing
Duration : 30 – 35 hrs.
Performance Tuning Online Training Timing
Mon – Fri : 7 AM to 10 AM & 7 PM to 9.30 PM
Sat & Sun : Flexible Timing
Duration : 5 weeks
Performance Tuning Fast Track Training
Duration : within 15 days.
Please contact us soon to book your preferable time slot.
For Performance Tuning Training Support
+91 9513332301 / 02 / 03
Oracle Performance Tuning Training in Bangalore Syllabus
Oracle Database 11g: Performance Tuning
- This lesson introduces the Performance Tuning course objectives and agenda
2. Performance Tuning Overview
- Write appropriate tuning goals
- Apply the tuning methodology
- Identify common tuning problems
- Log a performance Service Request with Oracle Support
3. Basic Tuning Tools
- Monitoring tools overview
- Enterprise Manager
- V$ Views, Statistics and Metrics
- Wait Events
4. Using Statspack
- Install Statspack
- Create Statspack snapshots
- Generate Statspack reports
- Identify the major sections of the Statspack report
5. Using Automatic Workload Repository
- Managing the Automatic Workload Repository Create AWR Snapshots
- Generate AWR reports
- Create snapshot sets and compare periods
- Generate ADDM reports
- Generate ASH reports
- Real Time SQL Monitoring
6. Using AWR Based Tools
- Automatic Maintenance Tasks
- ADDM Performance Monitoring
- Active Session History
7. Defining Problems
- Defining the Problem
- Top SQL Reports
- ADDM Tuning Session
- Performance versus Business Requirements
- Performance Tuning Resources & Filing a Performance Service Request
8. Using Metrics and Alerts
- Metrics, Alerts, and Baselines
- Limitation of Base Statistics & Typical Delta Tools
- Benefits of Metrics
- Viewing Metric History Information & using EM to View Metric Details
- Statistic Histograms & Histogram Views
- Database Control Usage Model & Setting Thresholds
9. Using Baselines
- Comparative Performance Analysis with AWR Baselines
- Automatic Workload Repository Baselines
- Moving Window Baseline
- Baselines in Performance Page Settings & Baseline Templates
- AWR Baselines & Creating AWR Baselines
- Managing Baselines with PL/SQL & Baseline Views
- Performance Monitoring and Baselines & Defining Alert Thresholds Using a Static Baseline
10. Identifying Problem SQL Statements
- SQL Statement Processing Phases & Role of the Oracle Optimizer
- Identifying Bad SQL, Real Time SQL Monitoring
- What Is an Execution Plan? Methods for Viewing Execution Plans & Uses of Execution Plans
- DBMS_XPLAN Package: Overview & EXPLAIN PLAN Command
- Reading an Execution Plan, Using the V$SQL_PLAN View & Querying the AWR
- SQL*Plus AUTOTRACE & SQL Trace Facility
- How to Use the SQL Trace Facility
- Generate an Optimizer Trace
11. Influencing the Optimizer
- Functions of the Query Optimizer, Selectivity, Cardinality and Cost & Changing Optimizer Behavior
- Using Hints, Optimizer Statistics & Extended Statistics
- Controlling the Behavior of the Optimizer with Parameters
- Enabling Query Optimizer Features & Influencing the Optimizer Approach
- Optimizing SQL Statements, Access Paths & Choosing an Access Path
- Join & Sort Operations
- How the Query Optimizer Chooses Execution Plans for Joins
- Reducing the Cost
12. Using SQL Performance Analyzer
- Real Application Testing: Overview & Use Cases
- SQL Performance Analyzer: Process & Capturing the SQL Workload
- Creating a SQL Performance Analyzer Task & SPA DBMS_SQLTUNE.CREATE_TUNING_TASK
- Comparison Report & Comparison Report SQL Detail
13. SQL Performance Management
- Maintaining SQL Performance and Optimizer Statistics & Automated Maintenance Tasks
- Statistic Gathering Options & Setting Statistic Preferences
- Restore Statistics
- Deferred Statistics Publishing
- Automatic SQL Tuning
- SQL Tuning Advisor
- Using the SQL Access Advisor
- SQL Plan Management
14. Using Database Replay
- The Big Picture & System Architecture
- Capture & Replay Considerations
- Replay Options & Analysis
- Packages and Procedures
- Data Dictionary Views: Database Replay
15. Tuning the Shared Pool
- Shared Pool Architecture & Operation
- The Library Cache & Latch and Mutex
- Diagnostic Tools for Tuning the Shared Pool
- Avoiding Hard & Soft Parses
- Sizing the Shared Pool & Avoiding Fragmentation
- Data Dictionary Cache & SQL Query Result Cache
- Large Pool & Tuning the Large Pool
16. Tuning the Buffer Cache
- Oracle Database Architecture: Buffer Cache
- Database Buffers
- Buffer Cache Tuning Goals and Techniques
- Buffer Cache Performance Symptoms & Solutions
- Automatically Tuned Multiblock Reads
- Flushing the Buffer Cache (for Testing Only)
17. Tuning PGA and Temporary Space
- SQL Memory Usage & Performance Impact
- SQL Memory Manager
- Configuring Automatic PGA Memory & Setting PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET Initially
- Monitoring & Tuning SQL Memory Usage
- PGA Target Advice Statistics & Histograms
- Automatic PGA and Enterprise Manager & Automatic PGA and AWR Reports
- Temporary Tablespace Management: Overview & Monitoring Temporary Tablespace
- Temporary Tablespace Shrink & Tablespace Option for Creating Temporary Table
18. Automatic Memory Management
- Oracle Database Architecture, Dynamic SGA & Memory Advisories
- Increasing the Size of an SGA Component
- Behavior of Auto-Tuned & Manually Tuned SGA Parameters
- Using the V$PARAMETER View & Resizing SGA_TARGET
- Disabling, Configuring & Monitoring Automatic Shared Memory Management (ASMM)
19. Tuning Segment Space Usage
- Space and Extent Management & Locally Managed Extents
- How Table Data Is Stored & Anatomy of a Database Block
- Minimize Block Visits
- The DB_BLOCK_SIZE Parameter
- Small & Large Block Size: Considerations
- Block Allocation, Free Lists & Block Space Management with Free Lists
- Automatic Segment Space Management
- Migration and Chaining, Shrinking Segments & Table Compression
20. Tuning I/O
- I/O Architecture, File System Characteristics, I/O Modes & Direct I/O
- Enterprise Manager
- Stripe and Mirror Everything
- Using RAID
- I/O Diagnostics
- Database I/O Tuning
- What Is Automatic Storage Management?