Unix Training in Bangalore
UNIX is an open source operating system that was written in C language. Unix has been there in the IT world for a long time. It is a common, traditional computer OS from AT&T. Unix has the capability to manage multi users and multitasking at the same time.
I had just finished my BE Information Systems degree in this year 2017 only and I got placed in a company as Technical Support Engineer. It was bit difficult for me to deal with Unix and Linux troubleshooting and network configuration in my job. To strengthen myself, I planned to join a course in Unix and Linux administration. I started from Unix shell scripting, commands, functions, loops and DB connectivity. That gave me a strong foundation in system administration. Now, I’m comfortable and efficient in working on technical support & customer support.
Tell me more about Unix?
- Kernel, Shell, Commands – Utilities and Files – Directories are the important components of a Unix system.
- Initially, Unix was a command based Operating System. But later a GUI was developed and named as Common Desktop Environment (CDE).
- Global Training Bangalore is the best Unix training center in Bangalore where you will be exposed to differentiated learning environment as the course syllabus has been prepared by the highly experienced professionals. With this course, you can learn about command line and shell scripting, conditional statements, loops, functions and lot more. Please check below for the detailed syllabus.
Are there any prerequisites for Unix?
- There are NO prerequisites to learn Unix.
- If you have some basic knowledge in C programming, compiler command lines, and debugger command lines, that will be helpful and quite easy for you to grasp the concepts. Otherwise, experts are here to train you from the basics of Unix.
Can you help me about Unix Job Opportunities?
- Unix jobs are suitable for experienced people who have key skills on Unix administration, CMS and management services. In the current IT market, there are plenty of Unix opportunities for the experienced professionals who are aware of the above technologies.
- If you possess strong Unix knowledge and practical experience, you can get job as Unix System Administrator.
- If you possess Unix as a co-skill with Oracle DB administration, you can get job as Oracle DBA.
- If you possess Unix as a co-skill with Python, you can get job as Software Engineer.
- If you possess Unix as a co-skill with SQL, C, C++, you can get job as Senior Software Engineer.
- If you possess Unix as a co-skill with Linux, you can get job as Shell Scripting Expert.
- Some of the companies that hire for Unix experts are Tech Mahindra, Capgemini, Harman, Aricent, SAP, Hexaware, Intel, Newt, Societe Generale.
Compared to other training institutes, Global Training Bangalore (TIB Academy) is one of the best Unix training institutes in Bangalore where you can acquire the best Unix training and placement guidance.
What is special about the Unix training in Global Training Bangalore?
- Global Training Bangalore (TIB Academy) is the only institute providing the best Unix training in Bangalore. They have top experienced industrial professionals as their trainers; they are working in top rated MNCs and Corporates with years of real time experience. So they will surely boost you to become the best Unix expert.
- As their trainers are all currently working, the Unix training program will be usually scheduled during weekdays early mornings between 7AM to 10AM, weekdays late evenings between 7PM to 9:30PM and flexible timings in weekends. They provide Unix classroom training, Unix online training and Unix weekend training based upon the student’s time convenience. This training will make you to feel like obtaining the best Unix course and placement support in Bangalore with moderate Unix course fees.
- The practical sessions throughout the course will help you to enhance your technical skills and confidence. Their connections to the job world will surely help you achieve your dream job. So start putting your sincere efforts into practice and grab the wonderful opportunities.
What are the Unix Class timings and course duration?
|Day||Unix Classroom Training Timing||Unix Online Training Timing|
|Mon – Fri||
7AM to 10AM
7PM to 9.30PM
7AM to 10AM
7PM to 9.30PM
Please contact us soon to book your preferable time slot.
Call Global Training Bangalore (TIB Academy)
+91 9513332301 / 02 / 03
Global Training Bangalore offers best Unix training. They provide classroom and online training with affordable fee. They offer 100% practical and real time training with projects. They have skilled trainers who already trained 100+ students and professionals on Unix training. Mock interview is conducted on Unix training to improve the understanding in Unix training.
Unix Course Duration
Regular Classes (Morning, Day time & Evening)
Duration: 35 – 40 hrs.
Weekend Training Classes (Saturday, Sunday & Holidays)
Duration: 5 weeks
Fast Track Training Program (5+ hours daily)
Duration: within 20 days.
Unix Training in Bangalore Syllabus
1. Getting accquainted with Linux
- Logging in-out
- Brief History
- Unix Flavours
- Linux distros
2. Linux/Unix Architecture
- Concept of Multiuser-multitasking
- Architectural view
- Unix command structure
- Getting help
- Combining the commands
3. Using Linux/Unix
- Frequently used commands and utilities
- Ls , cat ,cd ,mkdir ,rmdir,touch ,grep etc
- User commands – who ,who am i etc
- IO redirection and piping ( stdin ,stdout,stderr, tee)
- Concept of Users and groups
- User access privileges
- Superuser and permissions
- Password files
- Filesytem concept
- Unix ‘s File/dir hierarchy
- Filesystem types
- Creating and mounting filesystem
- Filesystem related command
- Configuration files
5. Handling Files & directories
- Creation, deletion
- Compressing/decompressing files
6. Networking Utilities
- Ping, ifconfig, ssh, scp etc
- Starting and stopping networking services
- Network configuration files
7. Application Installation on Unix
- Package formats and installation
8. Booting Linux
- Boot order
- Run levels and rc scripts
- Configuration files for booting
- Installation & configuration of Linux
- Getting updates
Basic Shell Scripting
1. Shell Basics
- Types of shells
- Shell functionality
2. Writing first script
- Writing script & executing basic script
- Debugging script
- Making interactive scripts
- Variables (default variables)
- Mathematical expressions
3. Conditional statements
- Test command
- Logical operators-AND,OR,NOT
- Case –esac
- Break & continue
5. Command line arguments
- Positional parameters
- Set & shift
6. Functions & file manipulations
- Processing file line by line
7. Regular Expression & Filters
- What is regular expression
- Grep,cut ,sort commands
- Grep patterns
8. SED & AWK
- Concept of process in Unix
- Background processes
- Scheduling processes -At, batch & Cron
- Trapping signals
- String substitutions / manipulations
PreRequisite : Unix Fundamentals course
Advanced Shell Scripting
1. Advanced Scripting Techniques
- Providing command line options to scripts
- Shell & subshells
- Exporting variables
- Remote shell execution
- Dialog boxes
2. SQL with Shell
- Connecting to MySQL using shell
- Running SQL queries from a shell script
3. Essential System Administration jobs (on AIX, Solaris & Linux)
- Managing disk space/file system
- Startup-Shutdown scripts
- Monitoring , health check
4. Test Framework Development
- Design and concept of test setup
- Sample Framework design and demo